Terminal Server Issue

bwilkinson

bwilkinson

Well Known Member
I have a new terminal Server on windows 2003 running Citrix Presentation Manager SR4. (this is replacing my old NT4 boxes running TSE and Citrix 1.8)

I have no problem logging in when the user is part of the domain admins. But when a regular user logs in that is simply part of the the Domain Users group They get the error after they enter the user name / password and Environemnt.

The error that I am getting is

You Are not Licensed for This Application. For more Information Please call your j.d. Edwards Sales Represenitive.

Anybody have an idea on this?

-Brian

Oneworld ERP 8 SP21
Sql Server 2000
NT4 TSE and Windows 2000 with Citrix 1.8

Users accounts need full permission to the following JDE client security
files ..

-jdeapp.ddp / xdb
-jdeauth.dda / xda
-jdemod.ddm / xdm
-jdesec.dds / xds

generally found in the root folder " C:\ "

There is a document on the Oracle web site for this which you going to
need it because there are a couple of registry setting you going to need
to make to.

Hope this helps

JL

There are some hidden files in the root of the C: drive - JDESEC.DDS/XDS and JDEMOD.DDM/XDM or somesuch others

Win2K3 is different from Win2K - in which it automatically provides READ ONLY access to local hard disk files (except in the users profile directory). You need to change permissions and add the user FULL CONTROL over the B7 directory and these files in the C: root directory.

That'll solve your issue.

Hello Brian,

I have seen this issue occur when the users do not have access to read these JDE files on the root of C:\

jdeapp.ddp
jdeapp.xdp
jdeauth.dda
jdeauth.xda
jdemod.ddm
jdemod.xdm
jdesec.dds
jdesec.xds

Hope that helps,

Greg

Jon,

You are the man.
cool.gif

I knew about the security on the \B7 folder but I totally forgot about the jde* files in the C: root drive.

Problem Solved, chalk another one up to JDELIST.

-Brian

Re: RE: Terminal Server Issue

Hi JL,

Thanks for the info, do you know the name of the document or do you have a copy of it?

-Brian

RE: RE: Terminal Server Issue

Sorry chap .. I can't, I was going purely on memory there. If you log a
call with Oracle ( as I did 2 years ago) they'll definitely be able to
help you.

JL

It will solve it, but full control permissions are excessive and dangerous. For the jde* files in the root of C:\, I've found Read & Execute, Read and Write granted to the Authenticated Users group are all that is necessary. We typically grant only modify to the B* tree rather than full control. As many know, full control allows a user to take ownership of the file on and then do what they wish to permissions, etc. GPO can help control this, however.

Oh, and Solution ID 200953630

good point. Yes - only put the permissions needed - which includes write, Execute and Read on the JDE* files in C:\

Back