Table IO

msouterblight1

VIP Member
I am new to the tool set, and I have a question. I am trying to pull data into a variable. The data is held in the F0005 (UDC). My question is this: How do I tell the table IO which Product Code/User Defined Code type to pull from? Do I have to define 2 constants? It seems to me that you should be able to input the value directly into the Table IO. Any help would be great.

Thanks..

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

Hi Matthew

If you use Table I/O you will need to populate (VA type) variables to pass into the Datastructure.

However in your case there are two alternatives that work much better:

* If you are just after the description of the UDC, you can go to the EDIT menu and select 'Associate' and then 'Description' (this will work for a large number of descriptors eg alpha name, item description, business unit etc.)

* If you also want to retrieve description 2 and/or the special handling code, you can use NER BSFN N080031, Get UDC Description. Since you are calling a BSFN you can pass literals into the datestructure for System Code (SY) and User defined codes (RT).

Hope this helps,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

FW: Table IO

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B733 Cum 2 SP11.3, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3

Thanks for the help, but like I said, I am VERY new. How do I add the business function to the report? I was trying to add it to the text variable I created, but I am still getting the numeric value, not the desciption that goes with the numeric value.

Thanks

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

I got it, I was trying to pass the value back to the PV instead of the RV. By the way, what is the difference?

Thanks,

Matthew Scott

PV stands for Previous Variable (that is, the previous RECORD)

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Cool. thanks..

Matthew Scott

Back