E9.2 table index impact on BSFN

shivam

hello ,

can we find where ever the table custom index has been used in BSFN ? if so wats the appraoch ?

Xref has no such functinality. please advice.

I use Object Browser's ER search functionality for this kind of thing. I don't think I have a good way of searching for a specific table index, but I would do a table I/O search of BSFNs to get the list of I/O statements to check.

If you don't already use Object Browser, here is the link: http://www.patwel.com/

Regards,
Ellen

Here's one option:

Use a 'Find in Files' tool (I like the one in Visual Studio).
Search your fat client's source folder (for example: c:\E900\DV900\source)
Search for the text: ID_<tablename>_ (For example: ID_F4211_)
- this should give you all the places that a table open statement specifies an index for the <tablename> you are inquiring about​
- you may get some false positives, but it's unlikely​
Search for the text (using regular expressions... this option is available in the Visual Studio 'Find in Files'): KEY[0-9]+_<tablename> (for example: KEY[0-9]+_F4211)
- this should give you all the places that indices for <tablename> are used in a table select and/or fetch​
Find using Regular Expressions.jpg

Last edited:
Here's one option:

Use a 'Find in Files' tool (I like the one in Visual Studio).
Search your fat client's source folder (for example: c:\E900\DV900\source)
Search for the text: ID_<tablename>_ (For example: ID_F4211_)
- this should give you all the places that a table open statement specifies an index for the <tablename> you are inquiring about​
- you may get some false positives, but it's unlikely​
Search for the text (using regular expressions... this option is available in the Visual Studio 'Find in Files'): KEY[0-9]+_<tablename> (for example: KEY[0-9]+_F4211)
- this should give you all the places that indices for <tablename> are used in a table select and/or fetch​
View attachment 19849
Thank you so much but ER validation may fail in a case of index identifier mismatch and how ever this must be performed on all BSFNs

Thank you so much but ER validation may fail in a case of index identifier mismatch and how ever this must be performed on all BSFNs

I don't understand what you're saying here. What exactly are you wanting?

If you have a custom index on a table, you can see the identifier that JDE uses to identify it by looking at the <tablename>.h file.
You can then use that value from the .h file to search all BSFN's using the technique I explained above:
  • ID_<tablename>_ will refer to a specific ID value
  • KEYxx_<tablename> will refer to structure that makes up the key fields of the index
Are you running into an issue where you created custom indexes for a base table and now an upgrade has added indexes to that table(s), so now you have potential ID issues with your custom index and new base indexes?

Back