Successfull exploitation

batoha

Hello everybody!
Our company (actually one of the biggest reseller of house maintanance products in region; has 5 remote departments accross the country) is now choosing ERp system. At first bosses selected OW by JDEdwards. But now they're in doubts about success of this installation and further exploitation. Could any of you share with us your experience of successful exploitation of OW with more than 500 concurent users and with following modules set up and used:
1) Procurement (full functionality with Advanced pricing, transfers, blankets and so forth)
2) Sales order management (with very complicated Advanced pricing and other complex fitures of it)
3) Transportation (with loads, rate schedules and routs, shipment approvals and so on)
4) Warehouse management (Addressed locations, replenishment, picking, cross docking and so forth)
5) Complex finance module

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am currently working on a project that includes all aspects of the software you mention.

We have not gone live yet, but it is looking good, and users seeing the initial product are much happier with JDE than what they currently have to use. We are also getting the benefits of a consolidated database for European reporting and Data warehousing.

At the end of the day, any business that wants to use a quality ERP system is going to have to change in some ways and modify software in some ways.

I have been working with JDE for 6 years now and have always felt that the system really adds value to a company.

I had difficulty finding a credible reference that had more than 50 OW Order entry users. This was very frustrating as I have around 30 and expect to grow to 100 or more. In the first few month's I was extremely dissatisified. Mainly because no one internally really understood how to use JDE for our business. As we've become more familiar with it, our users are satisified with it. We still get complaints, that will never stop. But they come less frequently. My point, make sure someone in each functional area is throughly trained.

Performance has become an issue for me. I'm finding with Order Entry, knowing advanced pricing is VERY critical. We've found as our pricing becomes more complex, the system slows significantly. For every item we enter, our system will perform 500 database hits just looking for the correct price. So make sure you understand what you really need to price your items.

Hello Carl!
First of all thank you for your reply.
At this point another questions are coming up.
Could you tell us what kind of hardware and database server you use? There are couple of things we also interested about.
Our item master table is expected to be about 200000 record and we also will use advanced pricing. We are not sure about what level of preference hierarchy JDE will be able to handle.
Are security set up is a serious issue for the JDE performance? Bosses want to have a complicated security set up.
We didn't buy JDE support yet, but we know several bugs already. So we would kine to know if JDE is quick anough when problem raises and fixes are required as soon as possible.
We also have problem to come up with a decision about the following. The system is very complex. We're not sure if it possible (at all) to install it at all businesses in one step. So we need an advise on what businesses we have to cover first and which next (we have warehouses, central procurement office, and several sales departments which procure from the central office).

Thank you one more time.

Back