Successful Rollover - iTera 2nd Test

AS400Guru

AS400Guru

Well Known Member
All,
We completed successfully a 2nd roll over. We did run into issues with the roll swap, but iTera has released a ptf for that issue. The issue being that the remote journal at times will end prematurely resulting in that the shutdown entries will not be sent across and this messes up the roll swap process.
The new IFS module works pretty smooth.
We will be performing a 3rd test in the next week or two.
Will keep you posted on the results.

Hello, Martin-- In a previous post, you pooh poohed the idea of a parallel test. We're getting ready for our first iTera Echo2 role-swap, and not being able to test OneWorld on the target server makes me a little nervous.

Do you have any suggestions for things to check before we pull the trigger?

-Tim

The only big drawback of the parallel test is that UBE's will not work. Yes you will be able to run interactive applications after a little tweaking in the odbc and client ini. This should give you some amount of confidence in the sense that the services and interactive applications run okay. The amount of changes required to make the UBE's run negates the whole purpose of a role swap. Hence I was not really impressed with the fact that it was advertised as a parallel test.
If you are replicating the IFS and the Oneworld libraries, I think you should be okay.
Just out of curiosity what kind of roll-over architecture do you have i.e. are planning to change the dns entry or do you have a virtual host defined or some other setup.

Let us know how the roll-swap goes.

Thanks.

We will probably just change the DNS entry, because it sounds easiest, and we have a relatively small LAN.

Did you have to do anything weird with E1 licensing to make all this work?

Back