Subsection Totals on Level Break of Parent

sam123

Sorry Folks. I had to do this. I do not remember the last time I worked on subsection joins in JDE. The parent section reads F0411 and subsection join is on F0911. Now, there is an Amount field on the subsection which is totalled and displayed on level break footer of Parent.
I am looking at the report and cannot find a clue. When I click on Add aggregates the amount column does not show.
But, when I highlight on the field it does show me the link in red to mark that it is a total field.
Is there anything I am missing ?
I thank you for your time in advace.
Thanks,
Sam

I have used aggregates to display the total of the parent section in its level break footer.

To display totals from the subsection in the parent's level break footer, I have used event rules and an event rule variable that is global in scope in the subsection to accumulate the total. Then I use a report variable in the parent's level break footer and populate it from the global event rule variable with an event rule.

Thanks Brad. That is the workaround. But, if you looked at some of the standard report like R04305, the total for the GL distribution Column of the sub section is aggregated on the level break of the parent. This is not achieved thru eventrules or any global variables. It looks just like how you do the add aggregates on the level break sections. When you highlight on the total field it shows the refrence to the sub section column. But, I am not able to understand how they got the Totals there. Unless that functionality is obsolete now and its been there only for the vanilla reports.

Check the subsection and see if there is an RV that has global variable checked on advanced properties. Then that variable would be placed in the parent's level break footer.

That used to be the way that amounts were passed across sections. Response line did a study and discovered that a global RV slowed execution significantly over using a global VA. That's why newer reports use global VAs rather than RVs.

No. It is not defined as a GV. It is a Business View Column. This is not stopping me from getting the work done. I m just curious to find out how that column got there.

Back