Stop Subsystem Using Scheduler

WilsonCS

Hi All,

We enabled the subsystem function on Print Invoice so that the invoice will be printed out when user doing the Confirm Shipment. I just want to ask can I stop the subsystem job automatically by JDE Scheduler because our enterprise server will shutdown and restart on weekend. If the job did not ended before shutdown the table F986113 in Server Map will contains an entry and made the subsystem could not restart until remove the record from table manually.

Thanks a lot!
Wilson

Hi Wilson - you will need a script and this will be dependant on the DB flavour you are running

Basically two types of records in F986113
S records = These are the subsystem records
R records = These are the records that are coming in to process.
For the purpose of stopping the subsystem you are only interested in the S records in F986113
Now these records will be sitting at S with a status of R (running) Your SQL needs to do the following

update svm???.F986113 set (job status column) to E
where (job record type) = S
and (jobid) = R??????

Sorry about the lack of specifics on column headings etc but I do not have JDE in front of me at the moment to give you the exact column headings but you should be able to work it out off this

Once the record is updated to E the subsystem loop will come by and read the E and close down the subsystem job
This is effectively the same as clicking end subsystem from within the application

Cheers

This has been discussed before - someone on this site mentioned a custom UBE they developed to accomplish the same thing. It isn't an absolute requirement to use SQL - in many cases a SQL script isn't secure and you can get dinged during a security audit. Just be careful out there.

Hi Wilson

Charles is right
Keep the auditors happy and update the last six columns in the F986113 with the same update to denote time / date and user who is ending the subsystem process

Have fun out there

Hi Ed, Charles,

Thank you for your advise. I will care about the "auditor" issues. I will try to create an UBE to stop the subsystem job and scheduled to run on weekend.

Regards,
Wilson
tongue.gif

Back