SQL Blocking in OMW and P4210

CitrixDude

Calling all SQL Gurus!!!!

We just upgraded from XE to 8.10 and we are having excessive blocking occurring in SQL. It’s in two sencarios…

1. When users are in P4210 and they hit the "Place Order" button the screen flickers and you are left with a gray box. At this point the client is locked up. If I go into Current Activity in Enterprise Manager I see PIDs that are blocking one another. If I look at the process detail they are on sp_cursors. As soon as I kill the lock the client unfreezes and the transaction rolls back. When I turn debug on I can’t duplicate the issue!!!!!
2. OMW – when a user tries to add a version to a project the blocking is happening in here too.

I opened a case with GSS and they have been sitting on the issue for a week. Any have any thoughts?

Dave

8.10 8.95C1 U1, Win2K3 SP1, SQL2K SP3a Cluster, SAN, Citrix XP

Try this script to see what is at the root of the blocking if you are unable to determine that:

SELECT p.spid
,convert(char(12), d.name) db_name
, program_name
, convert(char(12), l.name) login_name
, convert(char(12), hostname) hostname
, cmd
, p.status
, p.blocked
, login_time
, last_batch
, p.spid
FROM master..sysprocesses p
JOIN master..sysdatabases d ON p.dbid = d.dbid
JOIN master..syslogins l ON p.sid = l.sid
WHERE p.blocked = 0
AND EXISTS ( SELECT 1
FROM master..sysprocesses p2
WHERE p2.blocked = p.spid )

[ QUOTE ]
Calling all SQL Gurus!!!!

We just upgraded from XE to 8.10 and we are having excessive blocking occurring in SQL. It’s in two sencarios…

1. When users are in P4210 and they hit the "Place Order" button the screen flickers and you are left with a gray box. At this point the client is locked up. If I go into Current Activity in Enterprise Manager I see PIDs that are blocking one another. If I look at the process detail they are on sp_cursors. As soon as I kill the lock the client unfreezes and the transaction rolls back. When I turn debug on I can’t duplicate the issue!!!!!
2. OMW – when a user tries to add a version to a project the blocking is happening in here too.

I opened a case with GSS and they have been sitting on the issue for a week. Any have any thoughts?

Dave

8.10 8.95C1 U1, Win2K3 SP1, SQL2K SP3a Cluster, SAN, Citrix XP

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.
I don't have the solution, but I have problems like this.
I find helpfull Quest Analysis Tools. Try with Performance Analysis Tool over SQLServer.

r.
a

Back