Specs issue with SP23_J1 on Win2003

Gary_CNC

Hi List,
We have perfomed Hardware and OS upgrade from
Win2000, Oracle 8.1.7, OneWorld XE SP20 to
Win2k3 (No SP), Oracle 9.2.0.5, OneWorld XE SP23_J1
We are now facing an issue when more than one applications are being accessed from a FAT client/Thin Client at the same time.
If we click on "find" on one application and try to open another application, it dosent opens up. It says "A New Application cannot be started while other applications are processing". If anyone has faced this issue please help me out to resolve it.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Gary

Regrettably, since about SP21, it's "norm" - "Functionality as designed. No action." You can log a call, but there's not much use - many have complained before...

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for the information. Are you aware of yny workarounds for this issue?
Regards,
Gary

No, unfortunately, I am not. I'd be also interested to know if anyone had any luck with this one.

I know customers, who chose not to upgrade, because of this. Obviously, it's limiting the productivity of the users pretty badly.

I also found this "feature" to cause problems by dead-locking programs: when it gives you the message you've described, it is preventing the other program from executing, but often enough it does not recognise the condition and allows you to run the second program, locking it somewhere further down. At the same time, the first (running) program can get locked, waiting on something that the second program managed to get hold of so far. In this case, both programs stay waiting on each-other forever and the only way out is to kill the entire process...

Hi,
Seems to be a threading issue with SP21 and later..just a wild guess.
You were right, I got the same response from JDE on the issue. We have applied the service pack and it seems we have to live with these kind of issues unless some resolution or workaround is avlbl.
Anyways, thanks for the help!
Cheers,
Gary

Do you have Transaction Processing turned off for the applications in question?

Hi,
Yes the transaction processing is turned off. Do you have any idea if transaction processing turned ON or OFF makes any impact on opening multiple apps at the same time. Any suggestions...
Regards,
Gary

Back