• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

SP16.1

Hi all,

We applied SP16.1 (from 14.2) last week and we ran into a couple of issues
when running UBE's local. I am wondering if somebody else encountered the
same.

Some (not all) UBE's error out when ran locally giving the message "UBE has
caused an exception. Your system might become unstable". Looked at the logs
and seems to be dying after performing the "Advance Section" ER (which has
no code) for my second tabular section - that's what the UBE log says(The
UBE's that are failing are made out of 3 tabular sections and data selection
is done through system functions "Set User Selection"). Also, the debuglog
stops after calling the BSFN "Currency Decimals set" (this one seems to be
processing correctly though). No info in the jde.log.

Restored SP14.2 on one of the machines, tested the same UBE and it worked
fine.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian Oanta

Xe, SP16.1, UNIX, Oracle 8.1.7
 

JEMILLER

VIP Member
Hi Adrian,

I haven't seen this issue yet but I note that there is an update to SP16.1 that may be related to your issue:

Issue: B733SP16.1_001 addresses the following issues:
SAR #5342430 - UBE ER Looping Problems: As of Service Pack 16, if the ER System Function StopBatchProcessing is called from a Level Break Footer Section, this could potentially cause the report to enter an infinite loop. This has now been corrected to process this system function correctly, as it did prior to SP16.

Let us know if it fixes your problem.

Regards,

Justin Miller
justin.miller@teamspot.com

working with B7332 and XE on AS/400, NT, Solaris and AIX
 

rshoff

Member
FYI,
Your e-mail response was sent to the incorrect address.



Hi Adrian,

I haven't seen this issue yet but I note that there is an update to SP16.1 that may be related to your issue:

Issue: B733SP16.1_001 addresses the following issues:
SAR #5342430 - UBE ER Looping Problems: As of Service Pack 16, if the ER System Function StopBatchProcessing is called from a Level Break Footer Section, this could potentially cause the report to enter an infinite loop. This has now been corrected to process this system function correctly, as it did prior to SP16.

Let us know if it fixes your problem.

Regards,

Justin Miller
justin.miller@teamspot.com

working with B7332 and XE on AS/400, NT, Solaris and AIX
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OWDEV&Number=21026
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+



Rando
 
Hi Justin,

I have noticed this SAR, but I am not sure if it applies to my issue. I
removed the Stop Batch Processing from the ER and is still doing the same.

Adrian
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Randall,
Why do you state that Justin's e-mail response was sent to the incorrect address. It appeared on the Forum as well as I received it as e-mail on the List.

Was you surprised that you address is personally in the TO field of the e-mail?
Maybe you didn't know that there was an update on September 1 on the JDEList. Eric Kemtpter announced this changes previously in early August on the both XE Forum/List.
Please, check this threads there with somthing like in the subject "JDEList". The sender was "ekempter" (Eric Kempter).
If you have routing rules based on the TO and CC field in your mailing system then you should change/extend your rules.
Personaly me, I added the rule: /// If bodytext contains "http://www.JDEList.com" then move to Folder .../// to the already existings rulles in my mailing system and it works fine for me.

Regards,
Zoltán



B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 
Hi Justin,

I've done some testing and indeed this is my problem (when executing the
"Stop Section Processing" ER system will generate an exception message). I
disabled the line and the UBE processed fine. We will put the SAR in and let
everybody know how it worked.

Thanks for the hint,
Adrian Oanta

Xe, SP16.1, UNIX, Oracle 8.1.7
 
Top