Software Protection Code

podowduk

Hi,

I have a system that the SPC has expired on. I have downloaded the SPC generator from the KG and generated a new code based on the serial number and expiration date.

When I enter the code I get Error: Invalid Authorization code\expiry date. But they are exactly as shown on the SPC generator.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

Are you doing this on a demo install? If it is a production client, then you should be able to get a renewed SPC from your deployment server. You should check your spc on your deployment server and renew it, if that is expired too, then refresh all your clients.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Yogi

Phil,

If you are doing this on your deployment server, there are some files (I don't remember which) that need to be deleted first. Perhaps someone else on the list can remember the file names. You can also try calling Oracle Support.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This is a production environment that is nolonger used as a live system. It is the deployment server SPC I'm trying to renew.

Phil

Thanks for the advice. I hope someone can come up with the file names for me.

Unfortunately the client decided not to renew their maintenance as the system is only used to view history, so at the moment ringing Oracle is not a option.

Phil

Phil,

Try renaming the jdeauth.dda and jdeauth.xda files in the root directory (eg C:\).

Phil, you say that the SPC is expired. Does that mean that you cannot even log into the deployment server? In that case, how do you get to the screen to input the server SPC?

You may have to reset the local client code first. That is to reset the c:\jde*.* files. Try to reset the date on your DS back far enough to be able to log into the DS. Then you reset the server code.

Good luck, Gerd

There was a document on the Knowledge Garden entitled Recovering Lost Client Licenses (oti-99-0065). I have a hard copy of it and basically these are the steps:
1) Rename the jdeclnt.xdc and jdeclnt.ddc files to jdeclnt.xdcold and jdeclnt.ddold on the deployment server (should be in the /jdedwardsoneworld/B73xx/client directory.)
2) Log into deployment server in the planner environment.
3) Fast Path to GH9052
4) Click on Reset Software Protection Codes application (P98SRV)
5) Click the Reset Server Security button
6) Generate the new codes using the SPCSelfService application and input the information and click OK
7) As long as the new codeand information were accepted, then click the Reset Client Security button and follow through with the Get Auth button.
8) If you get red-lined after doing the Get Auth, then rename the JDECLNT files back.
9) If it works and you see the new expiration date match 2019 then it worked.
10) Another way to check is to verify it worked successful is to check the Client directory. You should see new JDECLNT.xdc and JDECLNT.ddc files were created.

Good Luck!

P.S.-One other thing, I have run into is that the security revision needs to be a certain number {I can't remember but think it's a 7}. If it is not, there may be an ESU you need to apply and then just follow this procedure again and it should work like a charm. We are on Xe and the ESU was JD12367. Once we applied that and ran through the above steps it worked fine.

Gerd, Upon logging in I get a security violation and then the screen comes up to enter a new SPC code.

I'll try the date and see what happens.

Phil

Hi,

I've tried that. Just get you are not authorized to run this application.

I have also tried chnagin that date back, but that was no good either.

Any other ideas

Cheers

Phil,

This probably won't work, but have you tried clicking the "Get Authorization" button at the top of the screen when you logon and get the "Security Violation" screen.

I have never used the SPC generator so I don't know whether there is any setup involved in its installation, or information entered at runtime. If there is setup involved have you check that all parameters are correct, both setup and anything you need to enter to get the SPC?

Back