SO Entry - can't enter data in RLNU Release Number field

MikeS

MikeS

SO Entry - can\'t enter data in RLNU Release Number field

We are experimenting with the Release Number field RLNU in the Sales Order Entry screen. We want our Customer Service reps to enter a value in this field when entering orders. On a new line the field is available for entry and you can enter data into it but when you submit the line for processing the value gets blanked out again. We also tried entering a release date and time together with the Release Number with the same result.

There is nothing in the Sales Order Management Documentation about this field.

Any information about this field and a possible solution to allow us to use this field would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mike

JDE Enterprise One 8.12 Tools 8.97.1.1 AS400 i-series

Re: SO Entry - can\'t enter data in RLNU Release Number field

This little puppy was a hard one to track down. You are right in that there is no information available in any documentation. However, I got onto a FAT Client and looked at P92001 Work With Data Dictionary. This is a 10 character string field. The Item Specifications Description refers to this field as the Release Number for the Customer...whatever that means? There is a tab for Edit Rule that has settings for Override Edit Rule as either None, Procedure (assigns edit rule based on business function) or Edit Rule (pick a choice from available listing of rules)

This setting is probably what is giving you problems.
confused.gif

Re: SO Entry - can\'t enter data in RLNU Release Number field

Terry,

thanks for trying to help me with my little dilemma. I went to the Data Dictionary to check the edit rule but it is set to NO EDIT RULE.
May be there is something in the Sales Order Enry code. I have done a cursory check in there yesterday but could not find anything on first glance that is wiping out the entries.

Thanks
Mike

JDE Enterprise One 8.12 Tools 8.97.1.1 AS400 i-series

Back