SHORTAGE WORKBENCH P3118

DSD

Hi List,

Does anybody knows there how to make use of Shortage Workbench P3118 In Shop Floor Module G3111?

Yes, I do. What's the problem?...

The program requires you to manually add and delete shortages. It does not decide what is, and is, not short. It has no intelligence. Hence it is only an electronic equivalent of writing it on a white-board that everyone can read. I think that, say, your Stores Dept should find a shortage and enter it on the P3118. Then, say, your Purchasing Dept see this and chase an existing Order or create a new one. It is a means of communication.

The few times I have tried to use it has shown that it is quite counter-intuitive and doesn't seem to function very well. Users who have seen it just didn't find it very useful. I have never recommended its use.

Thanks a lot Mark !

But shortage can be very well find it out from shortage report (R31418) and parts availability.Then what value does P3118 is adding ?

I knew you would ask that question. The answer is: none. It is a form of electronic communication, no more. You are wlecome to read the shortage report and fill in the workbench from it but this is a business decision. The reason is that each business classifies a 'shortage' in a different way. There is no standard definition.

Back