Security Server w/SP23 for ERP 8.0

ToddT

I could use some help here. We have ERP 8.0 SP22_S1 installed and running just fine. We also have WebSphere 5.0 serving up a small population of the user community. In order to get the IBM fixes for the new daylight savings rules, we need to migrate to WebSphere 6.0. In order to migrate to WebSphere 6.0, ERP 8.0 needs SP23.

I have implemented multi-foundation for SP23_S1 one one of the 3 enterprise servers and on the deployment server. I have built packages for SP23 for all environments. While testing, I can log in the the "jde" user id without any problems and I can perform most any operation.

I try logging in with another user id and I get prompted to input a user id and password into each ODBC DB connection.

So, I went back to verify that PORTTEST would work for SP23. It does so long as Security Server is turned off in the jde.ini on the server. The Security Server kernel starts up without any problems, but when I run PORTTEST it errors on the Security Server.

When I log into ERP 8.0 with "jde", I cannot change any passwords, nor can I enable/disable any user id. In the jde.log, I get an error that states, "Bad security record for <UserID>" (and it displays the actual UserID).

If I point the SP23 client to the SP22 port and log into ERP 8.0, then there is no problem with changing passwords or enabling/disabling user accounts.

I have attempted to apply JE10052 which does have some fixes for the P98OWSEC, but that made no difference.

These are all Windows 2003 servers and the DB is SQL Server 2000. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Todd a couple things to double check, your ODBC error make sure your ODBC setting (data source in OW and the physical ODBC on the actual system you are working on, including the Enterprise Server) are correct and the user if specified has access to all the tablespaces it needs.
Next ensure your OCM mapping to the security tables that have the ESU applied are setup correctly for the environment you are logging into for SP23. Also check to make sure you have the correct OCM mapping for the new security BSFN's, should be in the special instructions of the ESU.
Double check the windows permissions on your multifoundation folder, to make sure they are correct.

Then last check the attached, I found it on the KG.

Hopefully that will point you in the right direction. Also it might be helpful to add the jde.log to your post if you are still experiencing issues.

Attachments

• 117487-PortTestWindows2003.doc
    26 KB · Views: 304
We are running WAS 5.0.2 and the only DST PTF I was told of was for the JAVA 1.3.1 and 1.4 installs. In fact, they told me that no WAS 5 PTF was needed and that all I needed were the JAVA update PTFs, plus the other regular OS PTFs for V5R3. Are you sure you need to go to WAS6 from WAS5 for DST? That was not what I was told.

My 2cents.
Jeff.

Back