Security - Restricting a Form Control from populating

kjjdelist

Well Known Member
I have a user with access to view his G/L accounts (P09200 Account Ledger Inquiry). I've used Row Security to only allow him access to his Business Unit, and that works for the grid, but the YTD form control still gets populated, even for business units he's restricted from. Although he can't see the details of the entries that make that total, I still need to restrict that control from being populated if he queries on a business unit he's restricted from. Any ideas?

I did a test. A user that is not authorized to a business unit, not only does not see the transactions, but does not have the YTD and cumulative boxes filled. If you are seeing amounts in these two fields are you sure it is not from a previous inquiry from an account that the user IS authorized to view? I even tested that and the YTD/CUM fields do get cleared when you inquire on an account that you are not authorized to. You should call support and see if there is an update for this program.

What are you using to restrict the user from the business unit? I'm using Row Security but the YTD field is still populated, and no it's not from a previous inquiry.

Still have not found the solution here. Any one know how I can make this work? I think Jean is on to something, but I don't know how to restrict the BU outside of Row security, which I'm using.

Back