Security - Menus

GSI Inc.

GSI Inc.

Well Known Member
I am in the process of implementing PUBLIC *EXCLUDE security. With an entry at the *PUBLIC level for application security type "3" and then granting back security by group application security. While doing this if there are any menus; I am not using solutions explorer; menus with headings/text only on a menu option; it will not show up under the new secuirty group. Help Please, Bobby

I just associated all of my headings with a handy application that public had type 3 access to. In our case, a customized clone of Review Submitted Jobs.

To better explain what Curtis was describing, the only way that you can get a menu to show up in that model is if there is an application tied to the menu that the person or role has access to.

You can create a dummy object in OMW that you can tie to every menu, or you can just leave it alone. Reason being is if the role/person does not have access to any of the apps tied to the menu already, why do they need to see the menu?

I hope this helps!

There may be one option on the menu that the user/group/role does not have access to; but they have access to all other items on a given menu. I think the problem is that in order to have a "sub-heading" appear you have to say it is a application but not put in an application name and it just displays the text. You can't use the selection type of 4 which is specfically sub-headings - this is for web based only.

You're right, in order to get headings to display on the non-web menu, we used to call the menu entry an "application", but without associating a program to it.

But when we went to *PUBLIC NN Application security, our headings disappeared from the menus. In order to get them back, I had to associate each heading to an actual application that *PUBLIC has type 3 access for. (see attached screen shot).

Sorry for not being clearer the first time around.

Attachments

• 93979-Menu Heading Example.doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 135
Back