Scheduling a World Writer in ROBOT.

sullivcm

I need to schedule world writers to run in ROBOT. I know absolutly nothing about ROBOT. (New job and given this task.) Can anyone direct me how to do that? Also, one of the world writers contains a date selection. In ROBOT can you default the system date in the selection or manipulate the system date and load in selection?

I don't know ROBOT so can't help you there but why not use JDE's Sleeper job?? I do it with tons of WW reports. And I don't use Sleeper to just do "nightime" jobs. I have J95901 running "all day" and we have jobs kicking off all day long, many of them WW reports. It might be more "setup" in Sleeper that ROBOT but works just fine.

Also regarding the Date Selection, if you are running cume 11 (I think) or higher or you applied the "big multi-SAR updates" to World Writer for cume 8-10 (again, I think), then you can use date selections like *TODAY (or *TODAY - 1, you get the idea) same as can be done with DW reports. I also do this

Wish I could use sleeper. I have done that many times. I am a new employee and this company just removed everything from sleeper and put in ROBOT. It's one of those things where you need to do what you are told not what you want to do.

Worldwriters are run from robot with the following command linen format

CALL PGM(J82001) PARM('QINVEN' 'WRKORDMIX')

J82001 is the world writer program in JDE. Parm is WW Group Version).

You can't pass dates from Robot to the WW. If that is what you were asking. In Robot you set the Days of the week to run and the time of day. Or you can set a specific date of the month, eg day 1, or set up a schedule of dates. Robot doc is very good at explaining all this. And ther folks at HelpSystems/Robot are very helpful.

Back