Save and Restore .par file

SL922

Save / Restore .par file.
I need to change the Table Conversion UBE input file folder name. I think I might be able to use edit to change in RDASPEC xml file. I do not have any problem with test steps:
1. Save to a save location for the .par file
2. Rename to ZIP file name
3. Unzip RDASPEC
4. Edit the xml file

But I have a problem to put the unzip file back to .par file
Is anybody aware of any way to Save and Restore .par file if I need to edit the RDASPEC XML file?
Thanks.
9.1 TR 9.1.3.1 2008 R2 SQL

Did you know you can change that in the table conversion design aid? That would be much easier.

Yes, I know that. I think if I just change the fild / folder name then for the Table Conversion UBE I might need to remap the input and output fields.
Thanks for your reply.

Are you using Windows 7? If yes, then you don't need to do an explicit unzip/rezip before/after modifying the XML.

Yes, I am in Window 7. I can renamed .par to .zip, but the rename .zip to .par did not give me the original .par file icon.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I am in Window 7. I can renamed .par to .zip, but the rename .zip to .par did not give me the original .par file icon.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Win7 remark was only regarding the (not having to) unzip/rezip when modifying xml files.

As for renaming your extension: Dunno, hard to tell without seeing the exact situation.. Just to make sure: You have set Windows Explorer to show file extensions? (Otherwise you may be creating a filename like xxx.par.zip).

Have you tried changing it in the TC designer. I am pretty sure they fixed the problem with remapping code in tools 8.98.x.

Back