Running R42565 from F42119 to resend the 810 EDI invoice

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi List,

My team here need to re run the R42565 as the customer does not like the fact we have sent multiple shipments in one invoice. (also some lines of a DOCO need to be send alone)

Now the F4211 status has moved on and the records now live on the F42119
I know we can run the R42565 in reprint again over a given DOCO/Line etc but can we make the system create new DOC for the sales orders?

I am hoping this is possible, I just cant see how as I'm technical not functional.

Any help would be great

Thanks

John

Hi again,

Also, if we have sent the DOCs already, what will happen to the 'old' DOC when we finally resend a 'new' DOC

Do we need to void the old ones, or issue a credit note or something?

Thanks in advance

John

I interpret your post to mean different things.

Are you saying that the EDI invoice in the F47* files just needs to be sent again, with no modification? If so, you can blank out the 'processed' flag in the five F47* tables for that invoice and your EDI translation software can process/send the EDI invoice again.

Using P42565 to reprint an order that is in history F42119 is an unrelated function and will not affect the F47* files or EDI. Reprinting an invoice will not regenerate EDI records in the F47* tables.

If you have voided an invoice (an Accounts Receivable function) want to issue a new credit (CO) order into F4201 and F4211 for that customer, and run P42565 with processing options set for EDI, that action will create the appropriate EDI records in the F47* files, and create a credit invoice in Accounts Receivable (F0311).

If you are asking whether records in F42119 (detail history) can create a new A/R invoice and EDI records, the answer is No. F42119 file is not used for creating new A/R invoices or EDI records in F47* files.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I was asked yesterday to create a clone of R42565 so they could rerun the EDI 810 but they wanted me to make the UBE look over the F42199 not the F4211
I pointed out that the R42565 already does what they want anyway.

The F47* had already been created and sent out to the customer.
The customer they went to did not like the DOCs grouped the way they were as they need different DOCs for certain things (lines and shipments etc on the SOs)

So...

I told the analyst to create a new version of the R42565 that was a mixture of a reprint and an EDI sending version

This worked! New F47* were created, however the DOC was blank.

But the analyst has been tinkering around and apparently this has been fixed and the analyst is happy they can rerun over the F42119 over certain SO lines etc.

I am just worried they don't understand the system fully and need to do something to the old DOCs

So you can get R42565 to create EDI from F42199 by the look of it...?

I think they should do as you suggest and deal with existing SOs and DOCs the correct way.

Thanks for your help, I will pass on the info tomorrow as yes, they need to resend the EDI but......

It will be different DOCs for certain lines on the SO

smile.gif

Yes, the P42565 can be run over the F42119 to *recreate* an existing
invoice. It will not create a new invoice from history.

Bob Cagle

IT Manager

Lynk, Inc.

Behalf Of johndanter
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Running R42565 from F42119 to resend the 810 EDI invoice

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I was asked yesterday to create a clone of R42565 so they could rerun
the EDI 810 but they wanted me to make the UBE look over the F42199 not
the F4211
I pointed out that the R42565 already does what they want anyway.

The F47* had already been created and sent out to the customer.
The customer they went to did not like the DOCs grouped the way they
were as they need different DOCs for certain things (lines and shipments
etc on the SOs)

So...

I told the analyst to create a new version of the R42565 that was a
mixture of a reprint and an EDI sending version

This worked! New F47* were created, however the DOC was blank.

But the analyst has been tinkering around and apparently this has been
fixed and the analyst is happy they can rerun over the F42119 over
certain SO lines etc.

I am just worried they don't understand the system fully and need to do
something to the old DOCs

So you can get R42565 to create EDI from F42199 by the look of it...?

You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you, on a
weekday? E900 TR 9.1.3.1

Back