• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Running an external program from within a Transform branch

tboat00

I am trying to use the "Run Program" object to execute a program that is located locally on the C: drive of the server. When I try to run the object from within designer, the event viewer just starts and stops with nothing happening. I can run the same command line from a command line prompt on the server without issue, but the "Run Program" object does not even seem to try.

If anyone has any experience using the "Run Program" , or any other method for executing an external program from within a branch, please provide some feedback.