Routing Hours

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
This can be silly question but I can not find the reason why it happened:
Users claims the routing hours (both machine and labor) changed when they are attached to WOs by R31410. Manual access to P48013 is the only chance I found to get this but they said it is not. Besides, it happens only to certain WOs but not all and this is more curious to me. Any ideas to make this routing hours changed ? Thanks !
Regards,
John Hsiao, ERP8 Update 1

Both R31410 and P3112 will call the same Business Functions to attach the Routing to a Work Order, hence they should work in the same way. There is one exception that I know of: Subcontract PO's are not created by P3112.

John - you had better give us some more detail... What do you mean "the routing hours changed"...? Those hours are extended by the quantity on Order in the F4801. It all depends upon Batch Quantity, Yields, etc., as to what the exact calculation is. You should also check out the Crew Size and the Time Basis Code and make sure you understand how these work.

Is you question one of: 'it behaves differently between R31410 and P3112'? OR do you mean: 'it doesn't calculate consistently'? Or are your users expecting them to not change at all? This latter expectation is unrealistic... Unless you are using Service Orders where the theoretical Order Quantity is 1 anyway...?

Sorry for late reply. What happened is after user run R31410 to attach P/L and Routing to WOs, with same item and same WO quantity, some WOs have much less std.machine hour and labor hour than others which are from correct calculation by TBC, crew size....etc.
User claimed did not manual change the hours and asked any reason to make this happen.
Regards,
John Hsiao, ERP8 Update1

Sounds suspicious doesn't it? The answer (you know) is: "no". That is impossible. It is a computer program afterall. What you really need is evience from the Users.

My best guess is that they may be changing the work center master (although this shouldn't make any difference) or that they have different routes effective in different dates ranges.

If they are having problems with the Route Start End dates then this is not a problem with duration hours... It is a problem with Backscheduling. I suggest they study the White Papers on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom