Restrict Users to only see their Transactions

Ali S.

Hey all,

I want to restrict users to see only transactions created by them. I wish if there was a system variable USERID, that will dynamically get the current user, so that I can do something like the following Raw Security:

Table Data Item From Through Add Change Delete View
F0101 UserId USERID USERID Y Y Y Y

Please, if anybody knows a way to do this or if he knows such a variable to please tell me how to use it.

I prefer to do this without any customization in applications.

Ali,

I'm not 100% certain as to what you are asking.

If you are referring to financial transactions, my confusion occurs because your example uses the F0101, which does not hold financial transaction data. If not, to what type of transaction are you referring?

The main financial transaction tables have a transaction originator id (see below). I'm not sure whether they are consistently updated.

You may be better advised to seek the assistance of JDE Security professionals at Q-Soft or All Out Security.

Transaction Originator ID Columns For the Main Financial Transaction Tables (not all)
Table Name: F0911; Column Name: GLTORG
Table Name: F0413; Column Name: RMTORG
Table Name: F0411; Column Name: RPTORG
Table Name: F03B14; Column Name: RZTORG
Table Name: F03B13; Column Name: RYTORG
Table Name: F03B11; Column Name: RPTORG

Post Script

I was caught by a recent response to an old post from 2007 by a member who has not been active since 2008.

Last edited:
YOu can also investigate the use of 21 CFR Audit functionality as this is also used to comply with USA SOX 303 and 404 requirements for publicly traded companies. Typically most security needs can be met using standard out of the box functionality without the added cost and complexity of 3rd party tools.

Back