"Reset Cache" in JAS SAW

Alex_Pastuhov

Alex_Pastuhov

Legendary Poster
\"Reset Cache\" in JAS SAW

I'm trying to find out if JAS SAW allows resetting OCM, Security, Service, Menu, Spec, etc. caches in XE/ERP8 on IBM WS at any service pack level? - I know that in up to SP22 these options are not available and I also know that they are available in the latest TR's for Unicode versions of JDE.

Does anybody here have access to an XE/ERP8 system on the latest SP23 with a JAS Server on WS to look this up?

TIA!

Re: \"Reset Cache\" in JAS SAW

And I'd also be interested to learn from which Unicode TR these options become available. Or any of them, if these options were introduced gradually...

I've got SP23_S1 not quite the latest. We've got access to flush the logs on web servers but I've not found cache flushing yet.

Thanks!

Still, there's huge time difference between the SP23 one-offs, they are practically like different SP's, maybe the later ones have this?..

Or maybe they left it out and it's only in Unicode versions?

Alex

We are running OAS with 8.97 on an I-Series. The means to flush the cache has some bugs and is supposedly fixed in 8.97.1.3, if my memory serves me well.

The cache counts all reset to zero but the security change does not take effect when tested. Also, we have experienced strange things after logging out and back in. Hopefully the next update or 8.98 fix the issue.

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if any of these options are there in XE/ERP8 SP23_T1 and/or _U1, please?

Alex,

From what I could see in the saw, those options are not available in SP23_U1. The flush ocm and run pool cleaner are available but they a carry over from previous releases.

Hi,

We're now running Xe SP23_U1 and in sawJAS there is only the 'OCM flush' (in Config) and 'run pool cleaner' (in JDBC Pool).

Wayne

Xe SP23U1, iSeries "all in one config", V5R3, WAS 5.0.2

Many thanks! This exactly what I needed to know!

So, they are not there... ;-(

Back