Report Writer Totalling

marjde

Hi All,

We are on a very old release of JDE (B7331) and I am attempting to create a very simple report' with some totalling which does not seem to work.
My report is based on the F03B11 and simply has the following fields selected:

Company
Batch No
Gross Amount
Batch Type
GL Date

On the Columnar section of the report I double click on the numerous number 9s on the Gross Amount column to get the column variable properties. In the totalling Tab, Aggregate Functions = 'Sum' and the 'Total' box is ticked.
I am only selecting on two batch numbers which on running do not give me a total under the gross column.
Am I doing this incorrectly or is there a bug!!

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Create a level break section and use the Aggregate Sum function there!

Hi Ian

Did Boris' suggestion make sense. Or does B7331 not yet have the automatic wizard accumulation functions? If this is the case, drop me a line and I can explain how to use the 'old' ERW for accumulation in level break footers. Functionality is about the same, but a few more steps are required to achieve the end result.

Rgds,

Hi Sef,

Sorry for the delay...thanks for your reply...Boris's suggestion did make sense but I would be interested to know how your solution works.
My query is reporting on the F4211 which has an order with 11 lines...ideally I would like this to show as 1 line with a total. Following on from Boris's advise, I created a level break on Order No, then totalled up on Extended Price in the Driver section of the report...but it still shows me the 11 individual lines with a total underneath..it also look a little untidy!!!
Any advise would be appreciated.
ps do you know anything about screen changes and how diff they are to do?? We need to include a field present on the F03B11 to the customer Ledger Enquiry screen

Many Thanks again
Ian

Make the Detail section invisible, and only print the Totals section. Move all the fields from the Detail into the Totals section. This should give you desired results.

Back