create a user like mine SCHED with a pass of SCHED and not give them any
environments. This way no one can actually log into OneWorld as this user
but he can now be used to run scheduled jobs. I also created other users to
deal with MCU security for a bunch of jobs we run at night that are base on
MCU. Good luck.

Mark Siebenschuh

Mark Siebenschuh
HP9000/Oracle 8.0.5/JDE XE/Lots of Citrix

The user we are using to log into the environment is not the problem. As I stated, the call to runube as the jde unix user works, but when I use a different unix user, it does not work. My concern was that there are unix permissions/environment variables that are not set correctly, even though the environments are set up the same. Let me repeat, the JDE USER is not the problem here, unless there is a link between which UNIX user runs the job and which JDE USER is specified for the environment login.

OneWorld Xe on SUN Machine running Oracle 8i

Jiti (what IS your real name?),

I believe the problem may be due to the following:

Due to the lack of a "umask" statement in the jde user login script, files and directories are created with permissions only for the owner. This particularly affects files that are recreated by package builds - such as ../B7333/PD7333/bin32/* and ../spec/* directories. Since only the owner "jde" account can read these critical files runube is unable to perform as desired using a different account.

Actually I'm not sure setting a "umask u=rwx,g=rwx" in the login script would work. It depends on how OneWorld "does its thing" when building packages.

This is not an issue for us since we run all our runube's under the main "jde" unix account.

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

When you say you cannot log onto OneWorld (RunUBE) as another user, did you log onto UNIX using the JDE User name.
As, when JDE starts up, it uses the ownership of your original log in name (authpority etc), to obtain the first OCM mapping files, before logging on with the User ID you ask to log on as.

Try,
Log on to Unix as JDE.
Start RunUBE with other User name.

Hope that helps,

Peter Hamilton
B7332 SP14, Windows NT, Unix

Back