R3411 and Failed to Process

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
Here is the issue we faced on R3411:
After R3411 run, for some reasons we got some "E-Failed to Process" messages in "message processed" field in P3411. We have tried different ways to clear this E-message but can not. The only way we can delete these E-message is rerun the R3482/R3483 to get the original O-message back.
Do we have any other ways to backward the original O-message instead of rerun the R3482/R3483 ? Thanks for any comments or inputs.
Regards,
John Hsiao, Xe Update 4, SP19.1
P.S. I have tried to delete the E field in UDC H01/MR but still can get the E-message. That is weird and I can not understand.

Hi john,

When you have error messages in the F3411 when running R3411 in order to transform messages in ferm orders (purchase orders, rate scheduled orders ... and so on), you have not to try to clear them from the F4311 but to find the reason why those errors occurs.
My oppinion is that you may have wrong item parameters or a document type and statut you want to use does not exist or something like that. Try to run the R3483 and R3411 selecting only one item in order to make the inquiry easier and the programm running time shorter. Have a look at the R3411 submit report via the WSJ, may be you will find the Error reasons
As far as i known, there is no way, except running R3483, in order to clear Error messages and generate O messages.

Gildas,
Thanks for the comments, In fact, we have found the reason already - the process option in R3411 violates the order activity rule. The clients just try to find the short cut instead of rerun R3482/R3483. They are afraid losing some updates if rerun R3482/83.
Here comes my another question - it seems no way to firm up, or frozen the messages except to process them. I have try to change the message type to P, F, M but neither works.
My earlier experiences on BPCS it is easier to firm up the plan orders to let them unaffected by MRP/MPS explosion program. But seems we have to process the messages but not just to change the message type to get the same ideas in OW.
Regards,
John Hsiao, Xe Update 4, SP19.1

Back