• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Question on staging location in JD Edwards

Hi Everyone,
Greetings and hello to all !
My name is Vandana and I am new to this group . I have gone through the various posts in this group and I must say that this site is fantastic.
I am a JDE S&D consultant . I am having total 2 years of experience completely in JDE functional stream.
I wanted to get your inputs/feedback/suggestions on the following. This is wrt to one of the requirements for our Dubai based client

I would like to know if we can have a staging location in JD Edwards . To explain further , I would like the inventory to be stored there for a temporary period and at the same time not have anybody being able to take out the inventory from that location in the meantime.
Later I would transfer the inventory back to the main location . So basically this should be a staging temp location .
If the inventory is hidden from all (while viewing from the item availability screen) , that would be better.

I can create a new location from the location master but I am little stuck on how I can put this on hold so that no body else can do the inventory transfer from this location in the meantime as well as the availability remains hidden.

I am working on E812 Tools Release 8.98.

Can anyone let me know the possibilities and the approach for the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Vandana Seshadrichari

rsvconsulting

VIP Member
There are a number of alternatives but an easy and fast solution might be to create a separate temp staging warehouse for the item(s) and then apply row security so that the inventory is protected based upon your stated requirements.