QBE Find on Headerless Detail with Multiple record Update

peopleman

QBE Find on Headerless Detail with Multiple Update

Can anyone direct me and share their experience how to handle QBE Find on Headerless Detail with Multiple record Update.

Ex. Finding record Sequence No. 1000 using QBE to filter record and update change the record. Then filter again for Sequence No. 3000, update the record. Then After Hit OK to save both changes on the records.

My problem is if i dont hit save after each filter - update, the changes to previous filter-update will be lost.

Is it possible to update all record on one Save?

Im thinking of trying Grid Buffer Row but dont how.

Regards,

Peopleman

JDE 8.11 SP1, 8.97.2.2/ SQL Server 2005

It's possible, but certainly not worth the effort. If they want the QBE line and find button on the headerless detail here is the best thing you can do. The moment they change data in a line disable the find button. This forces the user to click on the OK button before doing anything else. Once they click on the OK button then you can re-enable the find button again. This keeps the user from inadvertently losing their changes. I have done it like this many times.

I believe this is a great solution to my problem.

Seriously, thanks Scott, for sharing your experience. I hope to hear more post coming from you.

Back