Proplem with reppsting/rebuilding balance file.

skorek

Well Known Member
Well ... it's time for first JDE question :)

The problem is that we changed the GL date in one entries in GL (also period and fiscal year). It connecting with changing FY from 5 to 4 (may to april)

and then we rebuild balances (Ledger type AA and AU) (P099102) for all year to be sure that all is correct.

for FY 3, 4 and 5 all entries (balances) are correct in AA and AU ledger type.
the problem is with fiscal year 2 (first FY in company)- for this year Balance for AA was rebuilded corectly, but ledger AU wasn't rebuild at all.

I think that because 2 is first year in company it can produce error - but what does it mean? And in old version (I mean in version before my changes) ledger AU existed in F0902.

Do you have any suggestion?

Second question is that if it is normal way that rebuilding of AA ledger type is not dependent of clearing F0902. But when I try to rebuild also AU ledger type - if I delete AA ledger from F0902 - AA and AU are rebuilding, but if I don't delete existing AA - only AA are rebuilding.

Thanks and regards

Tomek

I know now the answer ... but it is ... bug in P099102?

If you have access to knowledge garden could you check if there are something about P099102 , subroutine STL2:

(at the begginnig os Subr)

Set flag for not running units if only the currency code
changes. There is no CRCD for Unit ledgers so we run
through this logic too much without this flag.

*INL1 IFEQ *ON
GLSBL CABNE$4SBL ENDL1
GLSBLT CABNE$4SBLT ENDL1
GLCRCD IFNE $4CRCD
MOVE *ON $NORUN 1 Don't run Units
ELSE
MOVE *BLANKS $NORUN
ENDIF
ENDL1 TAG
MOVE GLSBL $4SBL
MOVE GLSBLT $4SBLT
MOVE GLCRCD $4CRCD
ENDIF

the problem is that for one account $CRCD is always blank for first raed record from F0911 - so NORUN flag is always set ON, so always for first AID ledger type AU is not creating. IMO it should be also condition to check also that $CRCD is not blank (or any other checking for first read record)

What do you think about it?

Tomek

I would contact JDE/Peoplesoft/Oracle support about this.

John Dickey
JDE Financial Systems Administrator/Analyst
White-Rodgers, division of Emerson Electric
8100 West Florissant, P.O. Box 36922
St. Louis, MO 63136
314-553-3067

Tomek,

Firstly, why don't you have access to the Knowledge Garden, organize to
get it ASAP. You really need to organise contact with your
JDE/PeopleSoft/Oracle representative or business partner today and
resolve it.

Now down to your repost issue.

Maybe this might be cons

My last attempt to reply seems to have been chopped at the start of the
third paragraph, here is the missing stuff.

Maybe this might be cons

My follow up attempt got chopped - yes again. It must have had some
strange character/control character near the start of the third para.

Here is the missing stuff - retyped.

This might be cons

Stuff all this text getting chopped off - here it is yet again but cut and pasted into the JDEList reply panel.

This might be seen (construed) as a dumb consultant’s approach to what you see as a programming oversight (bug?). It seems from what you wrote that your problem is only with reposting in an old Fiscal Year - you said “the problem is that for one account $CRCD is always blank for first raed record from F0911”. I assume the repost works fine (or would work fine) for all the other records in that year. Was this CRCD value missing or blank because currency wasn’t turned on (or incorrectly set up) when that record went through the system? Is it a an old record from several years ago?

What would the impact be if you “fixed(zapped) the CRCD value on just that record (e.g. via DFU or WW in update mode - with some form of audit trail report) and then tried the repost again??

I have another thought that may give you something to think very hard about (but I hope not). Have you given any consideration to what should have happened to the opening balance fields on the F0902 records for the affected Fiscal Years? I don’t just mean Balance Sheets accounts - P&L accounts use /this field for Inception to date and some other reporting. If you changed Fiscal Year on F0911 records and then reposted then you need to rerun your year ends again to make the Opening Balances correct from year to year. If you use 52 period accounting have you also reposted the 52 period balances file?

Back