Project status 21 to 26

Because UBEs (and business functions) are compiled into machine code, while applications are run 'interpretively' directly from the tab specs and don't get compiled into the machine code.

Ben again,

well ... actually UBEs are also run "interpretively" from the spec files. Thats one reason why their performance is so bad.

Adnan,

Here is a little more information in addition to that provided by Ben and Larry.

First of all, both applications and UBEs can be checked out/in. A get/advanced get can also be performed for both. This can only be done on a fat client. These functions are generally only available to developers and not general users.

Second, packages for UBEs have to be used to deploy them to Enterprise/application servers*. It is also easier to build a package (for both applications and UBEs) to deploy to numerous fat clients.

* There is also the option to submit specs only to a server in the batch versions application (P98305), but I not that familiar with it and it would not be as practical as packages. Others may provide more detail on this and/or you can do a search on JDEList, Oracle, Quest and other websites for more information.

Hi Peter,

I have a custom report, which needs to be tested in PY. When I tried to run the version of the report in PY after performing advanced GET, it is saying version does not existed.So, I have gone for a new version in PY to run the report.

Can you please help me what happend to the version that I have in DV?

Gov,

UBE versions store Processing Option information in the database. Advanced Get does not work so well with UBE versions. With UBE versions you need to promote the OMW project to copy/transfer the UBE Version specs between pathcodes.

Back