Processing / Spinning Icon

Hi All,

Not sure if this is still causing issues for anyone? We started having this issue pop up on random machines running IE 7 / 8 over the past couple of months.

We finally linked the problem to the below. We've since rolled out this change to all workstations and the issue has not been reported again.

Nothing is reported in any of the JAS or Enterprise server logs for the applications stuck in processing. After running Performance Workbench Document 747328.1 on the debug logs, no delays are captured.

The issue is symptomatic of installing IE7 or IE 8 and then installing an older version of E1 system code, or uninstalling Internet Explorer incompletely.

Check the following Windows registry key value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32\
• If it is IE6, the value should be c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll - where c:\Windows is the Windows install directory.
• If it is IE7 or IE 8, the value should be c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll - where c:\Windows is the Windows install directory.

Prior to Tools Release 8.96.1.0, the E1 client install registers SHDOCVW.DLL which sets the registry to the IE6 value. Starting with TR 8.96.1.0, E1 no longer registers this DLL.

For Internet Explorer 7 or 8 change the registry value to use IEFRAME.DLL. Internet Explorer should be closed before making this change.

Caution: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to the Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried out by persons experienced in the use of registry editor or other applications. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making registry changes.

We also have tools 8.98.4.2 and have tried installing Google Chrome Frame. It does not load for JDE for us either.
Jeff

Hi All,

After much teeth gnashing we've figured this out for us, anyways. Oracle support was clueless.. I'm not sure I trust their CNC support anymore. Anyways, our in house CNC resolved the processing icon with the following websphere settings (Websphere 7, Windows 2008 platform, 8.12, 8.98.4.5).

* Applied the IE 6-ish HTML inner loop fix.

1. Application servers>AS_JS_83>Process definition>Java Virtual Machine
Add -Dcom.peoplesoft.e1menu.ie.timeout="10" on Generic JVM arguments

2. Increased two Websphere timeout settings.

2. Application servers>AS_JS_83>Process definition>Java Virtual Machine>Custom Properties
Add com.ibm.websphere.webservices.http.connectionTimeout > Value = 500
Add com.ibm.websphere.webservices.http.maxConnection > Value = 500

* We applied the 15 concurrent http connection fix.

Between these three we are going live but this was a show stopper.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

We have similar problem and the spinning comes alot for our users even sometime fetching only 20 rows in web client.

Looks like many people had same issue and i assume they are ok after applying your fix.

Can you please direct me where to find those files, i look the websphere folder and did not find the files you are reffering. Also is there a way it can be achieved through server manager?

Thanks
AD

Its not in Server Manager, its within the websphere console. Not sure what its called - anyways, websphere's web based management app.

Thanks morglum666

I will look into this and will see if i get the setting option to change as suggested in the post.

Thanks
AD

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks morglum666

I will look into this and will see if i get the setting option to change as suggested in the post.

Thanks
AD

[/ QUOTE ]

As an fyi, I tried changing the settings to these in Websphere and the results were worse. This may be because we are running an old version of Websphere on an old tools release (8.97.25)

Thanks for letting us know.
Can you please send the screen shot where you have made changes? Also did you restart server or services after that?

Thanks
AD

Back