Processing Option in Reporting JDE E1 8.12

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
As I am new to reporting, this is my first report having Process Option. I followed the document
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17984_01/doc.898/e14708/setup_processopt_templts.htm

But when I preview the report, it does not ask for parameters. It just goes and outputs the records.

I did the following,
1. Created a processing option; The data type is SRTX(of F4101)
2. Wrote Event Rule as follows(in Initialize Section)
If PO szSearchText is equal to "H"
Hide Object(RC Search Text)
Else
End If

3. Saved the report.

Any issue with the steps ?

Check the Version of the report you have. There is a field called Prompting. If it's set to Blind Execution, you'll never be prompted.

Prompting: Select the method to be used for process the processing option values. Values are Prompt for Values and Blind Execution. You can also select to disable the processing option. This field is enabled only if processing options are attached to the associated report template. You must have permissions to modify this field.

Hi Rauf

In addition to the reply you have already, are you running a preview, or running the version locally / on the server?

Also was the version created before you added extra details onto the processing option template, if so you may need to re-create the version.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Re:Quick Help

Dear All ,
I work know on the report print the open balance and debit and credit for the customer so any one can help me how can calculate the debit and credit ,

Re:Quick Help

Hi robert vip,
Please post your question as separate, then there is a good chance to get answer.

Back