Process begin in TC.

TECHNO

Hi,
I am trying to display the current date and time in the Ztable, but the issue I am having is the value is geeting populated on every record in the table.

I thought the process begin event in the TC will do this but I am worng, can anyone point where I am doing wrong.Any help is appreciated.

For example : if Iam inserting 10 rows all the 10 rows are displayed with date and time
I want only the first row should have the value.

Thanks,
E812 Redstack.

Techno,

A little more detail, please? Importing into a Headerless Detail Form or... ? Is there ER that says to update the fields whenever a row is exited (might want to alter the ER into the "Changed Async" ER Section)

Let us know

(db)

If I am not wrong, you want the date and time value to be inserted only for the first record of the rows.

To accomplish this, take a variable which holds the current date and time in the process begin event. This event is for any declarations and initializatons before the actual process(insert,update,delete etc) begin.

In the row fetched(if both input and output are jde tables) event or Format fetched event(if any one is text file). Take a counter variable and put condition to insert the current date and time value for the first record and ignore the rest of reords.

Hope this helps you.

Hi Daniel,

I am using the Table conversion tool not the FDA, you are correct the form asynchrous event will do, but I dont know how to do in the TC.

Hi Vijay,
But the counter variable is always the same value in my case its always '0',any thoughts ?

Hi,
Thanks you all. I got it worked.

Thanks,
E812 Redstack

Back