Problems with integrity between GL and stock

cyberscout

Hi
We have some problems with integrity in stock. The item transactions of F4111 doesn't have the same amount in the F0911 after they have been booked.

Now I'd like to create a report which shows me these records. As example with the price adjustments (IB): there are for one document two or more records only with different locations. All the other information are the same of these records. When I look now into F0911 there are four records. I take them if the object account (OBJ) belongs to stock. So now I got also two records in F0911. But I can't compare them because they have only different line numbers and I need to have a connection to the records in F4111 over the location.

How can I do that?
Thanks for your help
cyberscout

Hello there

As someone who's come across many stock reconciliations in the past, there are many things you have to be aware of.

For a start, it depends on what inventory valuation method you have and how the system handles revaluations (IB movements) - i.e. whether or not they are one per item / branch, or it has cascaded the changes across each lot/location.

Firstly, reconcile F41021 to F4111. R41530 gives you a valuation of your stock on-hand (F41021.LIPQOH) multiplied by the inventory costs at whatever cost level (F4101.IMCLEV) your stock is priced at in F4105 (F4105.COCSIN = 'I').

Then, reconcile F4111 with F0911. The standard reports assume that you are using F41112 (accumulated F4111, known as the As Of file), written to by R41542 and R41548. If you don't want to use the As Of facility, then there are some things that may help you:

1. Select only where F4111.ILIPCD <> 'X'. (This indicates an item ledger movement that has no financial impact, like a lot status change.)

2. Don't assume that you can match F4111 on-to-one with F0911, for the following reasons:

a) Sales orders that have been shipped but not yet processed by R42800 (Sales Update) will have a document number equal to the order number and a G/L date of zero. Exclude these by not selecting where F4111.ILIPCD = 'S'.
b) Your movements may be summarised in the F0911, in which case individual journal entry line numbers can't be matched; you may still be able to match at document number level, so your report should compare at that level.
c) If you run cycle billing, you cannot reconcile inventory using document numbers - because the financial inventory is relieved on the day of the shipment against document type JE, and this is never written back to the F4111.
d) If you run manufacturing, you have two major problems: the IC (completion) and IM (issue) movements are also marked ILIPCD = 'S' until you run R31802 (Manufacturing Accounting). And once you do, the program assigns a new document number for the F0911 and doesn't update the F4111 with this new number! The only way you can then reconcile is by using the sub-ledger number (F0911.GLSBL, with sub-ledger type 'W'), which contains a work order number.
e) Select only ledger type 'AA' from the F0911.

My main approach to reconciliation is therefore to:

a) Summarise to document type ONLY using SQL, e.g.
SELECT ILDCT, SUM(ILPAID) FROM F4111 WHERE ILDGL BETWEEN...
AND ILIPCD NOT IN ('X', 'S')
ORDER BY ILDCT
GROUP BY ILDCT
SELECT GLDCT, SUM(GLAA) FROM F0911 WHERE GLDGJ BETWEEN...
AND GLLT = 'AA' AND GLOBJ = xxxx
ORDER BY GLDCT
GROUP BY GLDCT
b) Rule out those document types that match exactly
c) For the remaining, summarise to document number and type, unless a work order
b) For work orders, summarise subledger
d) For JE movements in F0911, work out if they are cycle-billed or manual; if manual, exclude; if cycle-billed, match these against F4111.ILIPCD='S' and ILDCTO <> 'WO'

You gradually focus in on the problem areas this way.

I hope this is not too much information. I have written reports that do similar things to all this, it is possible, but not always at the detailed level you are looking for.

Hello
First, I'd like to thank you for your information.
We are using Crystal for reporting and I made a report which shows me
the differences between F0911 and F4111 for all document types except
the IC and IM's. I used the selection, you suggested. The report works
very good and I see only a few transactions with differences. So our big
differece must be something from work orders.
As you explained in d) I couldn't use the subledger number, because they
aren't written to F0911-records in our installation. I found another
table, F3106 with the translation of the WO-numbers to the GL-numbers,
but I have some problems to compare them.

How do you calculate your stock value in F4111? Until now, we used a
list with all items (actual) multiplied with the item cost. I tried to
create a report which works more or less like R41542. It makes totals
over all transactions in F4111 using your selection. Then it shows a
total per GL-class. For some GL-classes I receive the same amount as in
the item list. But there are some other GL-classes which have a
difference of up to 6 millions CHF.

Can you explain me whats happening after a WO is finished (status 90).
As much as I know, there is R31802 which creates the bookings in GL and
then the R31804 which calculates the variances between the actual value
(from work in process) and the standard cost. Is that more or less correct?
We have one problem with that: If a work order is some weeks or months
in work there are always IM's which are taken out of stock but all the
bookings wont be made before the status is on 90. So we startet to run
the R31802 on status 45, 46, 50, 60, 80 but without status update. Since
we do that we have all the IM's in GL after they were taken from stock
but I'm not shure if that is correct.

It would be great if you could help a bid. We had all these problem in
2002 and all the months in 2003 there wasn't any big differences. Now in
december is the same like in 2002.

Thanks a lot for your help
Best regards
cyberscout