Problem submitting XE batch jobs to AS400

shaun meyer

Folks,

I've got a problem with my OneWorld Xe batch jobs on the AS400. I restarted the services and ever since have been unable to submit batch jobs, the select printer screen hangs until the error "An Error occured submitting batch job" appears. In the jde.log i get "KNT0000107 - Remote batch process could not be submitted on DWSAS400." In the job log for the UBE kernal i can see some activity, records are copied into the temporary file in QGPL and then deleted but the job is not launched. Also, from WSJ i can view all of the jobs but i get a failed to connect message when i try to delete an entry. There are no problems with the Interactive apps accessing data on the AS400. I have an instance of ERP8 running on the AS400 and that is fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

No changes to passwords. The user profile that runs the UBEs is the same as that which connects the clients to the database and that seems okay.

Check to make sure your F986110 isn't full. There's a maximum of 32767 members -- if it's full, no UBEs will run.

It wouldn't actually be the F986110 table but rather the B7XXXSYS/PRINTQUE with the limit. I thought the limit was more like 64k but either way there is definitely a limit and exceeding the member count can prevent jobs from running.

Cheers people, i found the problem. The server map datasource had been changed from DBDR to JDBNET!????

Back