PRINTQUEUE File on iSeries.

Thankyou very much. Apologies for not replying earlier but we have been busy with other proj's. I am currently working with our developer to implement this in test to test its success. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

JOhn,

I know this was some time ago but I am working on Xe again and I need to do this same process.

In modifying WSJ to pull up the newly archived files I did not see how to use the B9861102 - Print BSFN that normally gets the pdf can get the full name file in the IFS folder. IT only allows JOB# and HOST and this is what is used in the JDEGETPDF call inside so it would not make sense to even copy and modify it.

I can convert the file to ASCII and pull it up using another function by putting in the file location/name but it must already be converted to ASCII to pull up. I did not see that you did this and wanted to be sure you did not find a way to use the existing function by doing some custom mapping or something. Hate to do extra work if I am just missing something.

I know it was a while ago but I am hoping you remember enough to give me the feedback on if you found a way to use the existing BSFN or had to create a custom process like I am starting to do.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,

John,

OK so forget the conversion to ASCII part of my last post as I see this is done. And I am able to pull up the files from a network drive so they can be viewed but now I am looking at the "Print Results" row exit and again it appears it uses the job# and Host to get the file to print. So I am still thinking maybe you changed a mapping to point to that under a new Host like ENTPQ or something to keep this working.

My thinking is if they pull up the old pdf they can send it to a printer, but if they wanted it to defualt to the assigned printer for the job it might be an issue.

Just looking fr any feedback on what you might have encountered.

Thanks,

Back