Printing Bar Code Info

WCB

Hello

We are presently using One World Xe and connecting from Pennsylvania to a Citrix farm in Tempe.

Problem:
When printing a work order do not get bar code to print when directly printing from JDE. Only get the numbers.

When we pull up job through submitted jobs and view in PDF we get the bar code lines and when printed from Acrobat Reader we get the bar codes correctly. Have the bar code in the Font directory in both local machine and citrix machine but does not seem to see it. Anyone else having a problem like this. It is probably something real simple but have not nailed down.

Thanks

Bill Boyer
Honeywell

Do you have the bar code font installed on the print server you are trying to print from directly? Might also be worth checking if you have the font installed on your JDE server.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6

Have you tried printing as image?

James
CNC Consultant

All views are expressly my own and in no way reflect those of my employer.

Is the bar-code font in the PATH of the machine? By default JDE puts it in their path...you could try moving inside the WINNT directories.

- Scott

Barcode printing with embedded truetype fonts in the PDF file works great on Xe to a PostScript printer. To a PCL printer, you have to download a softfont to the PCL printer (after you buy it somewhere) and set up the font substitution for the PCL printer from the Barcode font app off of menu GH9013.

I bet you are printing to a PCL printer...

Back