Print Lever Break Header on the last page...

budLL

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I have one report which has different Leverl breaks, and the grand total section. Grand Total section is the last section which will be printed on the report. If the grand total section falls into the same page with any lever break section, it will be fine. user will see the leverl header on the top of the page, and the grand total section is at the bottom of the page. But if the level break sections end at the prior page, and the last page only contains Grand Total Section, there will be only have this grand total showing on the last page. somehow, user still wants to see the last level break header on the top, with the Grand Total section on the buttom. how can i control that? do i have to count on each line to see whether only the Grand total section in the last page?

Please help.

Hi Bud,

Try to mark the Reprint at Page Break option on the Advanced tab on Section Properties window of your Level Break Header section in Report Designer.

Regards,

Zoltán
P.S.: your issue fits better to the Develpers Forum than to this Technical board
cool.gif

The Level Break Header is already marked as Reprint at page break. the problem is after print out the level footer, the grand total section is the only section printed out on the following page. User still wants to see the level header from the prior page showing on the last page.

is there any function i can get page number, so maybe i can compare the page number to see whether i can reprint the level header section information.

Hi Bud,

What about to place the layout of the Level Break Header section onto the Page Header section?

OK, I do not know your report, that how complicated is this.
If your Levele Break requires a Page Break too, then I think you can do that.

You can also place the required info onto the Page Header as hidden, and set a flag to 1 in the Initialize Section of Grand Total and Show these layout, variables on Do Section Event of Page Header when the flag is 1. This means, that the layout will be visible only, when the Grand Total section triggers the Page Header.

Please, let us know, is it feasible for you or not? Thanks.

Good luck,

Zoltán
P.S.: why don't you post this issue on the Developer Forum?

Hi Bud,

If you do not want to duplicate your layout, then you can copy/paste it onto a new custom section.

You should make your original Level Break Header invisible an manage/call the conditional section from Do Section event of LBH section.

You can call the same conditional section from the End Section event of the Page Header section, when the Grand Total section flags, that only this section fires the Page Header section to execute - as I described in my previous reply.

If you have additional sections after Grand Total section, then you can consider to turn off the flag in the End Section event of the Grand Total section.

Hope, this can work for you.
If you have special issues or problems with this solution, then please, let us know.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back