Pre-printed form and Footer

benjie

Hi to everyone,

I’m trying to create a report that prints in a pre-printed form with specific number of records and with footer in a specific line. Here are the details:

a. printing in a pre-printed form
b. first page - contains first 10 records
c. one time footer in first page (should be in line 40)
d. second page on wards - contains succeeding records and printed in regular paper and didn’t matter how many lines are printed.

My last resort is to create a work file but I wonder if there’s a better way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.

Benjie

EnterpriseOne 8.9 / Windows

Benjie,

Here is a methodology that may work for you.

Firstly create a driver section that reads the data and does all the calculations. This driver section is a non-conditional, non-printing section. It will also contain a line counter. The driver section will call the other sections at the appropriate time.

Create another group section which is conditional and printing. This section will print each of the 10 lines on the pre-printed form. The driver section will call this section for each of the first 10 lines. Information to print will be saved by the driver section into global variables and this section will will set the printing varaibles to the global variables. The size of this section combined with the next section will determin where on the pre-printed form each line will print.

Create another (2nd) group section which is conditional and printing. This section will print the footer. The driver section will call this section after the previous section has been called for the 10th line.

Create a new page section which is also conditional and printing. The driver section will call this section after the previous section and also whenever else a new page is needed.

Create another (3rd) group section which is conditional and printing to print all other lines.

I hope this or may be a variation thereof will help.

Hi Peter, I tried your idea.. and with some variation it solved my problem!

Thanks again Peter...

Benjie

E-One 8.9 / Windows 2003

Back