Powerforms - Subform Alias ER Code Name

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I have a reusable subform. I have two instances of this subform on another form using subform aliases. It works just fine. However, the name of the subform alias takes on the name of the reusable subform in ER code and I can't find a way to change the name of the subform alias. It makes it confusing when it comes to ER code and mapping SI params. For example I have ER code that looks like this:

Notify Child(FC Splits)
Notify Child(FC Splits)

This looks like the same child, but in fact is two different child instances of the same reusable subform. Like I said, it works just fine, but is REALLY confusing in ER code.

Edited because I forgot to include a question... Is it possible to change the subform alias name that shows in ER code?

Saw this question up for a couple of days without any replies, so I decided to give it a try. But alas: I don't see any way to rename them.

The only way I can think of to discern between two identical subform aliases is to create a custom duplicate copy (See attachment). But this is sort of overkill imo.

PS: I noticed the grid columns of the duplicate look messed up. At least in design mode. Haven't checked at runtime.

Attachments

• 183355-subform_aliases.jpg
    183355-subform_aliases.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 54
I haven't had any other issues with having two instances of the same subform (my grids appear to be fine). I guess it's not really that big of deal, most of my code is on the subform itself so its only really a pain when mapping SI vars or sending a message to a specific instance. Thanks for looking/verifying.

Uhmm.. not sure if you caught what I meant: What I meant was you can achieve what you want by making a P55xxx copy of the subform object. You can rename the S55xxx form, and that way you can discern between the two in ER (As I showed in the attachment). But as I said: It's a bit of an overkill to create a new object to achieve this. (The fact that the grid columns in the S55xxx looked messed up was just a sidenote).

Back
Top Bottom