Possible to convert OLE attachments to URL/File?

lvtv

Looking for a way to change attachments done as OLE to URL/file attachments, hopefully in some sort of batch/bulk update. As I found on this forum, OLE saves files as .stg files, and these are on average over 2mb in size. They take up 20x more storage space than the pdf file they link to. We have a process in place to attach pdf files to every order, so we could potentially waste 200MB a day using the OLE option. I've found that the URL/file technique works just fine with Adobe Reader 8.1.2, not version 9.
Would like to find a way to change these OLE links to regular file links.

One World Xe, SP23_y1, SQL 2005, Windows 2003, Citrix server for 95% of users... 5% fat client.

Please, look at our One Attachment Manager software with STG support - it can read individual files off the STG files, so you can then re-attach them back as File/URL attachments.

Hi Alex - does your software have the ability to do this in batch mode or is it one at a time sort of thing?
[ QUOTE ]
Please, look at our One Attachment Manager software with STG support - it can read individual files off the STG files, so you can then re-attach them back as File/URL attachments.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has included tools to automate these tasks, so it should be possible to do everything from a single short script (i.e.: one tool would extract all files from all STG's per MO DSTR and another tool would add them all back as URL's).

On the other hand, if your requirements are outside of what these tools do, you can script your custom logic in VBS, or use the included custom JDE BSFN's to write your logic in a UBE.

Back