PO APPROVALS

JCelestino

JCelestino

Occasionally we have POs that are dropping out of the approval process as if they have obtained the appropriate approval levels when they have not. There have been two fairly high-profile purchases for $300k+ that have moved from status 230 (approve) to 280 (print) after the first approver when there should have been a half dozen additional approvals.

I have checked the set-up of the approval levels in the F43008. All looks okay. We know the status is not being moved via "status code update." I could not find a documented problem on the KG or here on JDELIST. I have tried debugging the associated programs (P43081, P43080, X43008), but cannot duplicate the problem.

Anyone have insight to lend? I'm ready to pull my hair out... We have bronze support and are not able to log issues w/support (not that we'd get any help if we could, but I digress).

Sadly, we are on A7.2 cume 9. OS is V5R2.

Thanks,

Janet Celestino Leppo
Sr. Business Application Developer
NJ Resources Corp.
[email protected]

Janet,
Check your processing options behind the PO Print program. If you allow the
print program to print to print detail lines with a status of 230 and
advance the status perhaps that is why these lines are being advanced?

s.e.t.
S. E. Tuthill
A73 C11+ V5R2

Thanks to Jim Rubino, Seth Tuthill, and Phil Kestenbaum who responded to my post off-line.

Going through the Purchasing Ledger (P43041) I was able to solve our mystery. Apparently, a receipt was done against the PO lines containing the $, advancing the status to 380 (print receiver). When the approval was done later in the day, only a $0 line was still sitting at status 230, so the first approval was enough, as far as the system was concerned.

Back