We have the below statuses for F4311.

Last-Nxt
---------
220 - 230 : Enter Purchase Order
230 - 230 : Under approval
230 - 240 : Approved
240 - 400 : Ready to receive
400 - 999 : Received

Now, some times, after receipt we need to change some information which will not effect the purchase order total. Like splitting one order line to two lines with maintaining correct quantity and amount.
So we usually do the below steps to enable the end user to edit the line ( the line should be back to status 220 - 230 )

1. Reverse the receipt ( 999 - 400 )
2. Change the line status to 220 - 230 ( manually editing the grid field)

Now, we need to avoid the 2nd step. What is the best way to handle this case ? There any thing the last approver can reject the order so it will go to the data entry operator to change the line and the approver can re-approve and then re-receive.

When you reverse the receipt, why not move it from 999 - 220 and restart the process, assuming something needs to be changed on the PO and it then needs to be reapproved, etc.?

If there is a receiving issue, e.g. can't record the receipt correctly by using mutli-line receipt process, then the question is why does it need to be reapproved? If the PO items, quantities, and amounts don't change, have a receiving supervisor with the ability to reverse the receipt, and rereceive it correctly should be sufficient for most organizations.

hello Guyz,

When i Create the Requisition Orders with some amount & through that I create the Purchase order OC, so after receiving the purchase order if some amount is left out as per the requisition then the requisition is reopening from start for that remaining amount, I have checked but i am unable to find the settings which is allowing the OR to open?
the version i am using is 9.2

We have the below statuses for F4311.

Last-Nxt
---------
220 - 230 : Enter Purchase Order
230 - 230 : Under approval
230 - 240 : Approved
240 - 400 : Ready to receive
400 - 999 : Received

Now, some times, after receipt we need to change some information which will not effect the purchase order total. Like splitting one order line to two lines with maintaining correct quantity and amount.
So we usually do the below steps to enable the end user to edit the line ( the line should be back to status 220 - 230 )

1. Reverse the receipt ( 999 - 400 )
2. Change the line status to 220 - 230 ( manually editing the grid field)

Now, we need to avoid the 2nd step. What is the best way to handle this case ? There any thing the last approver can reject the order so it will go to the data entry operator to change the line and the approver can re-approve and then re-receive.

I have one more related query.

Is there any way to partially receive an order based on amount instead of quantity.
For example, our internet is charged quarterly. So the PO line is as follows:
Qty: 1
Desc: Internet for 3 months.
Price: 3000/-

Now, the supplier ( unfortunately) released an invoice for just one and half months. The amount is 1,500/-
So is there any way to split the receipt record based on the invoice received ? ( In the payment, there is a way to split it. But we need it the receiving level so that we can track how much is pending).

Back