Planner ESU for Upgrades

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
Trying to get the order of applying the planner ESUs for a E9.0 to E9.1 Applications upgrade.
We have applied the latest E9.0 planner to the Planner and E900 environments on the Deployment Server.

When does the E9.1 Planner Update get applied?

This is from Oracle: "With EnterpriseOne software UPGRADES, it is recommended to extract the latest Planner ESU immediately after installing the Deployment Server code to update the Planner pathcode. This way when you are going through the upgrade plan, you will have the latest code with the latest fixes. It is imperative however, that you apply the ESU in its entirety to the upgraded environment, immediately following the upgrade plan and BEFORE building the first package for the environment. Package builds might fail if you do not apply the ESU in its entirety to an environment immediately following the completion of the upgrade plan."

Also this is in the Upgrade Manual:

To install the latest planner update:
1.From My Oracle Support, download the latest planner update for your Tools Release to the Deployment Server.
2.Run the self-extracting executable and follow the on-screen instructions to install the planner update on the Deployment Server.

Isn't Number 1 incorrect? The Planner is per Application Release, not tools release?

What are we doing with the 9.1 planner exe? If I try to run the exe now, it says the release is E900.

Isn't Number 1 incorrect? The Planner is per Application Release, not tools release?

Yes, Planner ESU is App Release not tools release. So, install the new 9.1 app release executable first and only that. Don't do anything else until you run the .exe for the latest app release 9.1 planner ESU (JM*.exe). This will extract updates into x:\JDEdwards\E910\planner pathcode. It may very well include some changes to your local SQL or Oracle planner DB too.

The idea is to create a perfectly scripted install plan for Install Workbench before applying any additional ESUs.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. Been several years since we did a release upgrade.

I missed to apply Planner ESU after installation of deployment server

I missed to apply Planner ESU after installation of deployment server and have run the workbench .
Can you let me know if it is ok if i apply the planner esu for JDE 9.2 application release now.
also can you let me know whether I need to apply tools release first before applying Planner ESU

Hi ,
I missed to apply plannerr JDE esu after jde 9.2 application installation and run the workbench.
can you let me know if it is ok if i apply it now.
Also i have not applied / installed any tools ,can you let me know if i should do it before applying planner esu.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Back