Plan Option Rate Recalculation - Batch Enrollment

Aman Reddy

Hi Guys,help needed.

Problem Description: When running Batch Enrollment to update a new plan option rate (Plan Master Rates Window), the R083810 does not place a stop date on the DBA record (DBA Instructions), and add a new record for the new rate. The new rate is updated, but on the same record with the same start date.

Steps to Duplicate:
1> Setup a plan/plan option that retrieves it's rates from the Plan Master Rates Window using effective dates.
2> After enrolling an employee into this plan option, process Batch Enrollment using an effective date that will retrieve a new rate for the Plan Rates Window.
3> Review the employee's DBA Instructions, and the new rate has updated on the same DBA record.

Desired Outcome:
The DBA Instructions must update with the appropriate start/stop dates for these DBAs in the Plan Rates Window.

This is happening for all employees. I think our system do not have employee payroll history. How do maintain the payroll history? Is any setup related? In which table can I look for payroll history? Please help me.

Our payroll is processed by third party.

I'm not sure that turning on payroll history will fix this issue, but you use P08041 to identify what fields you want to track history on.

You are correct that you need to have Payroll History (not HR History) in the system in order for the batch enrollment to end date the DBA's. If no payroll history exists, then the batch enrollment report will only update the new rate on the DBA Instructions.

The effort to run a payroll and create payroll history would require you to setup the system in order to process a successful payroll. In order to do this you need the Vertex Tax Calculation software. Since your payroll is outsourced, I doubt if your company would go through the expense of paying for Vertex when they do not have a business need for it.

If your concern is passing incorrect rates to your payroll processor, then you need to wait and run the recalculate plan option the pay period the rate is effective to avoid incorrect calculations.

Back