Phantom Master Routing Labor Planned/Actual WO Cost

Chris48

We associate master routings to phantom items as many service items are sold as phantoms and we want to account for the labor cost. The standard cost of the phantom item includes the B and C labor cost elements as long as the master routing item is on the BOM of the phantom. Unfortunately, the planned and completed WO cost does not include the labor cost associated with the phantoms within a multi-level BOM structure. The variances this produces must be reclassified to cost of sales. Does anyone have any idea how to correct the issue so that work order planned and actual cost includes the master routing labor of the phantoms?

Try this.
If you put the Master Routing item master in the BOM of the phantom…it actually takes the labor cost of the MR and rolls it into the cost of the parent phantom…even when 3 levels deep with phantoms and MR’s in the BOM…rolls up accurately. I made the line type N, ITC=F of the MR item….still STKT=G.

Thanks,
Matt

I agree, I have no problem with rolling accurate standards with muli-level phantoms, but the work order cost that gets reported does not equal the standard, as it loses the master routing labor associated with phantoms.

Thanks for replying though.

Back