Peculiar corruption in ER Table IO

jolly

VIP Member
Hi folks,

I have in a UBE a simple table io fetch from F0006 to return MCDL04 into a local variable. When I inspect the ER that is what I see.

When I run the program, it returns MCDL02 instead. When I inspect with the ER debugger, it shows MCDL02 in the statement!

I have deleted the table io and added it back with the same result. I have re-checked out the F0006 spec with no effect. I have tried it in different pathcodes with no effect. I have deleted the local specs and restarted JDE with no effect.

This is 8.12 with 8.98.3 tools against iSeries V6R1.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
JohnO

Jolly,

For kicks - do a get on the Table. I've seen similar when the table specs on the server, database and local client are 'close' - but slightly mis-aligned.

Are you getting any other errors on the logs?

(db)

JohnO,

In the past I have seen erratic behavior caused by SQL packages but that usually occured for custom tables where the definition was changed. This has been a while ago in a hazy past but you may want to consider deleting the SQL packages....especially for the APPL/UBE you are running.

Good suggestion guys - will give it a try.

Normally I would expect bad SQLPKG would lead to oddities on the server, not the client - but I guess it could be fetching bad specs when constructing it's runtime bits and pieces.

I troubleshot something very similar, a few years ago. wasted DAYS trying to resolve a production issue. On a whim, I asked that the SQL Packages be deleted - like pure pixie-dust, the issue vanished.

I wanted to treat the iSeries like a sack of cats - and make a trip to the river!

(db)

TWell, this site hates outages and you tend to need one to have a decent cleanout of the SQL packages. In the end I gave up and just recoded to use MCDL03 instead of MCDL04.

Yeah, iSeries can be maddening sometimes but it's still the best server for JDE IMHO.

Back