PDF creation shows only lines

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
We just built a new full package and loaded it on our fat clients (Win2000 or WinXP). On several of them, if the user runs a UBE locally, the UBE runs to what appears to be completion, but when the PDF appears, all we see are lines (like column heading underscores) -- none of the characters or text displays. The problem has occurred on 4 different PC's thus far, and has involved different UBE's on each box. We've tried Adobe reader updates, reinstalling printer drivers, reloading this new full package, applying WinXP SP2, but nothing has been able to resolve this problem.

Has anyone else run into this sort of problem, and if so, did you find out what was causing it? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Have you debugged a UBE running on the client with the new full package? It sounds like spec corruption in the full package - this can sometimes be verified by examining the jdedebug.log.

Try copying the Arial.ttf font files from winnt\fonts into system\resource\truetype - sounds like if you ran with debugging at level 6, it might say something about not finding the fonts. When this happens, I only get lines.

Seg,

Thank you for your reply -- it got me looking in the right place and I found that after doing the package install on a fat client, and in just these four cases, the Models, OWPatrol and Resource directories under the B9\System directory did not exist at all. I copied them from another working client and the problem was fixed. Since these were under the system folder, I probably could also have created a new Foundation-only update package, and it may have fixed this up, too.

Incidentally, one of the client's jde.log had the following error messages:

2884/3936 Tue Dec 13 14:36:38.112 PrtPDFGen.C98
UBE0000084 ERROR: Function: PDFTextObjGen_CreateCIDFont, Code: 537067605, Message: The encoding (CMap) specified by a font is missing.

2884/3936 Tue Dec 13 14:36:38.300 PrtPDFGen.C98
UBE0000084 ERROR: Function: PDFTextObj_GetTextWidth, Code: 3, Message: Bad parameter.

2884/3936 Tue Dec 13 14:36:38.316 PrtPDFGen.C98
UBE0000084 ERROR: Function: PDFContentGen_AddText, Code: 3, Message: Bad parameter.

Thanks again for your help!

Back