PC Budget Upload to AS/400

Rohini

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error (" incorrect function " ) while uploading PC Budget upload file (excel) to F14112.

The budget upload excel consist of Accounts(ANI) and Amounts from Jan - Dec periods.

I have converted the excel to .prn file and tried to upload data using iseries client access.

It displayed the error and the data transfer process got terminated. Error : Incorrect function

Can you please give me any sugegstions or share any inputs on this ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rohini

This may be more of an IBM operating system thing than a JDE thing.=C2=A0 W hy would you convert your excel file to a .prn format.=C2=A0 Normally for u ploads/downloads you are working with a .csv format or a text/tab delimited format.=C2=A0 Do you have the instructions from JDE support on how up uplo ad a budget?=C2=A0 I would be surprised if those instructions tell you to s ave your excel file in a .prn format, but I could be wrong.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

The PC budget upload process in World (A7.3) is a kluge to say the least. The most important thing is to ensure that your dreamwriter columns have been defined correctly in the mapping program (P14110MAP) based on your PRN test output/upload file.

I have attached an hmtl-type document that our users utilize to perform their uploads. Make sure you rename the document from a type TXT to HTM before opening...

Terry

Back