Payroll Tax Tables question

jdetechpro

I have been told that the payroll tax tables can be updated manually without the use of Quantum/Vertex. Is this true? We only do business in one state.

What is the procedure?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Sorry to disappoint you but, if you are running payroll, you will need Vertex. You can manually enter rates for Workers Compensation, Unemployment and State Disability Insurance but there are no OneWorld tables for Federal and State Income Tax, Social Security and Medicare.

Maybe the person who told you that you didn't need it isn't running payroll in house.

Thanks so much for the information. From all my research, the result was that Vertex is needed, unless you want to spend a considerable amount of time modifying programs, tables and business functions. Because my initial contact was so adamant that it could be done, I needed to get a second opinion. Thanks again.

Vertex is necessary. They hold the tax tables, JDE does not. Plus, the first call in the interim process, R07280, and the prepayroll process, R07200, is a call to vertex. If JDE does not find Vertex, the programs fail, so you would have to customize those programs as well.

In addition, since there are not tax tables in JDE except for SUI and SDI, you would have to set up all taxes for Federal and state taxes as a deduction code.

Is it really worth all the work.

Scott

Back